Monday, May 20, 2013

Big day for posting. Making up for lost time I suppose...

Anyway, I wanted to share this layout I did for my vampire short I'm working on. I have to say layouts aren't really my strong suit. I feel as though the colors work here and some of the texturing/coloring, however I feel as though everything looks kind of flat. Like, here's a couch, here's a lamp. Filling space rather than composed properly. I think the couch and lamp are the issue. Perhaps moving them over slightly to the left, shrinking them down some to feel as though there's space in the room....

I just know for the shot I need and for the characters it works. We'll see. Definitely rambling. Haven't slept yet too. That's not helping.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that the couch Scott had in his living room on Skyview? Not only does it look like it, I bet it even smells like it! Even I wouldn't sleep on that thing, I got your bed to crash on. Who'd a thunk that I would have my own room and bed! Deal with it tough guy, it's mine now. Is that our TV in the living room? Sure looks like it. Ahhh, its a dog's life I tell ya.
    XOXOXO
    Jack (the mole muncher)

    ReplyDelete
  2. zak - try adding a corner to the room. That might help with the flatness. The window is in perspective, but the wall is practically straight. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete