Tuesday, January 15, 2013

3D time again! Back in MAYA doing character animation with a much more complicated rig than I'm used to. This guy's name is Malcolm and he's pretty much a feature film studio quality rig. Which means if I get good and comfortable using him then hopefully it'll play to my advantage in the long-run. In an event, this is my second time using this guy and despite all the controllers on him and the headaches he's been giving me, I am starting to feel a little more at ease posing him.

The small box is my camera set-up, what the audience sees. The rest is the behind the scenes of how MAYA looks and works. I can zoom in and out on him as well as see and turn him in physical space. All those different loops and circles and squares all over his body and face control things like eyebrows,blinks,mouth corners, lips, you name it! Intimidating but I plan on mastering it! Be on the look out for some animation feature this dude.

1 comment:

  1. Malcolm...what a whoos. Even I could take that sissy boy. I'll tear him limb from limb like those rag dolls in my toy box. Let me at him, let me at him! Gee, guess what movie I watched last night with Madison!
    Paige and Isabel are jealous over Toni.....is she a "GIRL". You better come clean bud, I can only cover for you so long.
    Face it, your busted. But I still love ya, just as long as you rub my belly and scratch behind my ear, I'm like putty in your hands.
    As always, your loving,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete