Thursday, May 10, 2012

I am currently working on a lip sync assignment in my digital cel Flash class. Above is a screen cap of the Flash interface. It's a bit tricky but I feel as though I am picking it up slowly but surely. I hope to feel more comfortable with it by the end of the month (also the end of the quarter).

The character I am animating belongs to the great Joe Murray, creator of Rocko's Modern Life. The audio track is voiced by Tom Kenny, from Spongebob Squarepants. The original animation was done by Murray and Michael Jantze, my professor, and his team at Jantze Studios. Needless to say it is beyond AWESOME to be able to have this file that's been passed through so many talented hands.

The character is called Sgt. Spittle and is from Murray's Kaboing series, Frog in a Suit. I suggest you look it up on youtube...funny stuff! Anyway what I did was create the mouth shapes and animate them accordingly. They were a lot of fun to make I might add. I really enjoy lip sync and its so cool to see the character come to life and talk! Very rewarding. I am using a technique called Symbol Swapping (think South Park lip sync) and Symbol Nesting. Two different ways to do the same job. I think this one I'll post once done even though the character doesn't belong to me.I'll run it by my professor...be on the lookout for more!!






"Sgt. Spittle" character and "Frog in a Suit" belong to Joe Murray and Joe Murray Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment