Tuesday, May 1, 2012

So here is a still from my third project in Flash. The assignment was to do a walk cycle and use motion tweens as a way to save time. At this point in the game, I'm liking the aesthetic that Flash has to offer, however I'm not really understand how to animate in it to my advantage. I can do traditional hand drawn animation fine, but seem to get confused with having animation within a symbol, within another symbol. Its frustrating because I really want to get good and comfortable with this program. Guess I'll have to meet with my professor yet again....

In any event, the character is my ode to a lot of dog looking characters I've grown up with. There's the obvious Pluto, a bit of Odie, and the coloring style from cartoons like Ren and Stimpy, mixed UPA styles and approaches to layout. I'd like to think that there's just simply a bit of me in there too! I think not having ears and a tail proves that point. Not sold on the coloring. I wanted him to be yellow or an ocher. I never saw the character as being a demented dalmatian.

Also, if anyone is wondering (mom and dad), the reason why there are just stills rather than the actual videos on here is because they're still works in progress and until I can get the fixed with some more help and time, the stills are better than nothing. A tease if you will....I do intend to get the SWF's up and going asap.

1 comment: