Friday, August 10, 2012

Hello, hello! Its been quite a while since I've uploaded/posted anything here lately. To be honest I have some work, but I just don't think its all that good and want to show off my better, or what I feel is better, work to you all! Its also summer quarter here at SCAD and Savannah GA during summer, its hot, humid and un-motivational.Plus there's the beach. In any event, here's my fifth assignment for my 3D Character 1 class. One more to go before the quarter ends!!
In this particular assignment we had to focus on "contrast" in our character animation. To be specific, if a character is all scrunched together then he should be pulling out of that and be very spread open later on. Kind of  like an opposite. It can also be done with emotion, like from joy to grief or anger. In my case above, I wanted the character to be hunched over and stealthy. Its only when his cell phone goes off that he open up wide, (the contrast), and frantically dives for his phone. There are, as always, a few technical issues in this, but I feel as though the character animation overall is pretty successful. I had fun animating this and shooting reference too. Maybe I'll post the reference video for a laugh at my expense :) Anyway enjoy and thanks for checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment